Friday, February 13, 2009

Confession

So even I don't make stuff from scratch 100% of the time. The only leftovers for me to have for supper tonight were fajita leftovers... with two pieces of meat that combined to be the size of a stick of gum, just a bit thicker. So I was rummaging for a snacky-meal and came up with either a bowl of mushroom flavored rice noodle soup (just add water) or a can of low fat corned beef hash.

Hash won! Already ate veggies and some protein would be good. So cooked 1/2 the can (1 serving) with some Chipotle hot sauce and fresh ground pepper (though I think there are a few flakes of crushed red pepper from the last time I used the top of the grinder for some crushed red pepper flakes in an arrabiata sauce.

And I'm picky about my pepper - I mix it so it's half tellicherry pepper and half a blend called Pepper Supreme. Good blend of flavor and spice. YUM!

Well, I'm going to go now and get back to the last half of the hash still sitting in my plate!

No comments: